Pages

About Me

My photo
I am 42 year old wife and mother of 4, I enjoy decorating , cutting hair, gardening(horticulture), cooking, art(all different mediums). I have my cosmetology license, attended college for art, and taught faux finishing for about 14years as well as fauxed peoples homes and furniture. I worked for 3 interior buisnesses, and after faux finishing for the 1st and 2cnd one, I apprenticed for "Still Water Gallery", where I developed a great sense of design, and begin studing and reading anything to do with the field. It was there I assisted the head designer, and developed a clientle, and later lead me to "Maggies Place", where I was a consultant for 2 years. I have rescently gone on my own, and have my faithful clients, but I have enjoyed staying at home with my kids, and participating in there activites. I have met Candice Olsen, and my mentor Betty Lou Phillips, who is an amazing designer specializing in french design, and has written many books. I hope that some day I can do something else creative, and continue to help others make there spaces a comfortable retreat from the everyday hustle and bustle of life.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Refreshing Your Home For The 2010~



I always feel as if I have cleared out the clutter of my very being each time the end of Christmas and the New Year rolls around. The taking down of the decor for the season and reorganizing bins of old for new, and placing back the space to an clean slate. I dont know but something about that process makes me want to declutterize and refresh my home in anticipation of the Spring.

Being realistic is the first step in beginning this process and not puting rediculous expectations on yourself! Take it section by section and start with an achievable goal that will set you in the right frame of mind to tackle the rest.

I find that making a short list of things to achieve and things that I would like to aventually do is the first step in this endeavor.

Write a down all of the things that you love about your space, the things you can do without and the things you would like to see in the future.

I like to light scented candles and listen to motivating music in order to put myself in the right frame of mind! This makes it a bit more enjoyable while proceeding with the task at hand~

Another good motivating tool is to watch a show that sparks your imagination, or purchase a book or magazine that can give you some fresh ideas to add to your home.

Whatever you do, take lots of breaks and take time to enjoy the accomplishments you make, this will help you strive to continue with your organization and projects without burning out. Working on a closet and placing functional bins and clearing out clutter for resale, donation or to a friend can be a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment